1.8
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Went in for a routine oil change. While waiting two other customers came in to pick up their cars and they both had other "issues".

I heard the manager on the phone with another customer explaining the "additional" problem they had. Then, the manager came and sat down next to me. Keep in mind, I had just been there 6 months earlier and had new tires put on 4 months ago. I suddenly needed new front struts AND rear shocks!

A total of over $1200! I asked to see my car to understand what he had told me. Everything looked fine. He claimed a leak in a rear shock and I asked him if it was the two colorful dots.

He said yes. I didn't see any fluid that had poured down. I told him I was going to research the issue online over the long weekend. His eyes widened slightly and I paid $26 for my oil change.

After much research, my struts and shocks are FINE! I did the bounce test, drive test and put cardboard under both back tires for proof of the alleged leak! After two hours of sitting the cardboard has ZERO fluid on it! It's oil that would leak, not colorful fluid!

I will NEVER go there again! If you go to Brakes Plus DO NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT YOU WENT IN FOR! Do your research and even take it to an honest mechanic you know to check anything out!

As I've read from a former employee, the managers are just salesmen meant to upsale people with a service they DO NOT NEED and all of the employees are JUST TECHNICIANS, NOT ASE CERTIFIED MECHANICS! Now, I'm going to go check my oil and make sure they ACTUALLY DID IT!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of brakes plus oil change. Brakes Plus needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned brakes plus oil change in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Brakes Plus.

Comments

TheKathy

To Sweet_Chick:

Did you ever get your issue resolved with them??

to TheKathy Broomfield, Colorado, United States #1332861

No, TheKathy. A CS rep replied, but now that I know they are a scam out to sell people services they don't need, my trust in them is gone forever. I'll go elsewhere for all of my car needs.

to Sweet_Chick #1333484

Do you have a Facebook account I could speak with you privately??

to Sweet_Chick #1333485

I just realized you might not want to give out your Facebook info here since you didn't use your real name. Here's my Facebook page. Send me a friend request and we can talk privately: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014660625727

to TheKathy #1379060

I just saw your recent comment. I’m not on Facebook at all.

I don’t use social media other than LinkedIn, but I don’t use it for social media purposes. Thanks for your comments.

I had the same problem, they told me all my strut and shocks need to be changed. Which the back did need to be changed but the front was good.

They over charge me for parts I mean way over charge it was almost 600 buck over, I went online to bought it and did most of the myself. Save 1k

Sweet_Chick
to Tom Broomfield, Colorado, United States #1312649

Hey Tom, I found out in my research that the reason they said I needed new front struts was because the bellow had fallen on one and the other one had a crack in it! The BELLOWS ARE JUST COVERS OVER STRUTS THAT ARE NOT NECESSARY!!

This was also the month they had a "buy one get one 1/2 off" sale on struts! Lol

BrakesPlus
Denver, Colorado, United States #1297857
Brakes Plus Verified Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We would appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in our company by addressing your concerns and preventing it from happening again. Please email us at myservice@brakesplus.com with your contact information and we will get in touch with you shortly.

Sweet_Chick
Denver, Colorado, United States #1263485

Correction: the total was over 1K and why they told me I needed new struts was simply because the bellows are worn! To replace those with a mechanic, should be less than $100!

Total SCAM!

to Sweet_Chick #1366431

Sorry sweetchick but $100 is low!!! The strut must still be removed from the vehicle and diassembled as the boot is positioned under the top mount.

Lots of labor.

Besides most repair facilities have a different labor rate, no way to put a dollar amount on it unless speaking about a specific garage.

Estimated time to replace 2 hrs.

For a garage that charges $95 hr that would be $190 plus parts.

Not everything is a cut and dry rip off......at least be fair.

to Tim #1379062

Tim,

I was talking about replacing bellows only, not struts. My ASE certified mechanic told me he didn’t even think those are necessary and talked me out of replacing the bellows only because my struts were fine.